Services for individuals
SERVICES FOR INDIVIDUALS
I provide one-to-one face to face, telephone and online therapy where available and appropriate for clients aged 11 plus. If the client is under the age of 18 face-to-face sessions are preferred. Therapy can be short, medium or long term. Follow up sessions are often also arranged.
I work using various approaches in therapy. Some of which include:
- Cognitive Behavioural
Ultimately I tailor my clinical practice to the needs of the client.
I work with clients who suffer from a range of diagnosed and undiagnosed conditions or issues. Some of which are stated below:
- Anxiety disorders, including panic attacks and phobias
- Depression / prevention of relapsed depression
- Post traumatic stress and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Neurodevelopmental disorders and learning disabilities, including Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder(ADHD) and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Personality Disorder
- Emotional and behavioral difficulties (EBD), social, emotional and behavioral difficulties (SEBD) and Social, emotional and mental health needs (SEMH)
- Bereavement/ loss/ greif
- Relationship issues
- Abuse- e.g. sexual, verbal, physical, emotional
- University / college / school related issues
- Stress management, including work related stress and work-life balance issues
- Critical incidents e.g. hostage situations, bank raids, terror
- Significant incidents e.g. death of a work colleague
- Developing assertiveness, self-esteem and confidence
- Cultural and integration and assimilation issues
I provide structured time-limited groups and unstructured therapeutic groups that could be long term.
Individual assessment will be required prior to admission to the group.
Structured groups include:
- Understanding anxiety and building assertiveness
- Understanding and dealing with anger
- Assertiveness training
- Experiential / self development groups
Other groups can be developed if a need arises for clients. A maximum of six clients admitted per group.